Sunday, February 10, 2002

My focus right now is to getting my debts paid off. This effort is 3 and 1/2 years in the making, and I'm one month from my goal! At one time, I owed 28K in unsecured credit card debt, while making only 35K a year. It was insane! The turning point was when I moved from the Monterey area to Silicon Valley. My income increased enough to let me make substantial progress. However, even that wasn't enough. I had to get some credit protection and help thru a credit management program (www.genus.org). Under this program, I was able to pay off my credit cards at a good rate. Other factors helped too, but the payment program was the most important element. I only owe $1300 as of today. With a little extra money I made this month from a sell of some company stock, I just might be able to get that amount paid off by the end of the month! Wish me luck! Then comes time when I need to make some major purchases.

No comments: