Thursday, December 02, 2004

True Final Words; One Spring Evening, 1999

On the phone, a continent and an ocean apart,
painful bliss unfolded.
Burned on my memory are our final words.

“Matty, listen to me.”
“I love you so much.”
“I love you more than words will say.”
“You are my world. You mean everything to me”
“You have given me everything I ever wanted.”
“You complete me.”
“I have known no greater love in my life than my love for you”


“I love you more than anything in this world, my Bevie.”
“I love you so very much.”

“You make me so happy.”
“I will be with you always.”


“Bevie, we will be together forever.”

“Forever is a long time, Matty”
“but I will be with you always.”


“What’s wrong, Bevie, tell me.”

“Matty, promise me,”
“Find someone who will love you as much as I do.”

“There will be no one else, Bev.”
“You are ‘the one.’”
“We will be together forever.”

“I told you, forever is a long time,”
“but I will always be with you where ever you are.”




“I love you, Matty!”

“Je t’aime, ma Bevie!”

“Je t’aime, aussie.”



“Matty!”

“Yes, Bevipie?”

“Mattybear, Je t’aime.”

“I love you more than the depths of the ocean blue….”
“I love you more than the vastness of the sky above….”
“I love you more than the expanse of the stars in heaven….”
“I love you more than anything in this Universe.”

“I love you bigger.”

“As always, baby. Je t’aime, ma Bevie, forever.”

As you fell into your deep sleep for the last time,
in my ignorance, I believed you to be well enough,
but in my heart, I prayed for you to heal.

“I love you so much, Beviepie.”

In expression of my love even more
I recited your favorite poem while you slumbered
In your deep sleep
As I spoke I heard your sighs of content
And as I finished
You contently called out my name “Matty”.

“Je t’aime, ma Bevie et mon ange et ma bichette.”

One last time from your slumber,
“Matty” I heard you sigh with such sweet content and love.

“Goodnight, baby. I love you.”

I hung up the phone, thinking your rest was for the night.
But in peace you rested.

2 comments:

Mickey Glitter said...

how terribly sad. =(

FCSuper said...

I wasn't told she had passed for a couple of days, but that I was the last person to talk to her. Days that followed formed the worse week of my life.