Friday, March 19, 2004

Commute and cheaper lunches

I completed my commute in just about 15 minutes today. That's amazing. This same commute used to take 35 minutes during the worst parts of the Internet Bubble period.

In other news, something I'm starting thinking about recently is how to reduce the cost of lunches. Yesterday, I had a full breaded and fried chicken lunch which I made myself. The total price for everything, including soft drink, vegetables and Hostess Fruit Pie, came in under $3.75. That's cheaper than McDonald's. Today, I made a sandwich for myself. With everything including fruit, chips and soft drink, the total price was under $1.25. Damn. I used to budget in $5.00 to $8.00 per day for lunches. If I can keep this up, it could budge at $3.50 per day and save about $25 to $85 per month.

No comments: