Saturday, September 11, 2004

San Diego Day 1

With such an early flight (7:15), I was worried about waking up early enough to make it. Well, my g/f and I did make it...pretty much had perfect timing. Once in San Diego, we got our rental car early, and got our room hella early, 10am. Normally check in is at 3pm. After buying some essentials, we heading down to Old Town for lunch and some exploring. We ate at the one place near old town. Lunch cost use $19 for two sandwiches and a couple of drinks. That would've been ok if the food hadn't sucked.
We then headed down to Coronado Beach. The ocean water is fairly warm. I swam in California waters for the first time in 20 years. It did take me a little while to get used to the water. We had a lot of fun there. We did have a plan to take an evening cruise on a Paddlewheel boat, but dinner took longer than expected, so we missed our chance for Friday. Maybe we will try again this afternoon, after Seaworld.
Back in the 90's, sometimes I visited San Diego a few times a year. It's nice to get back here. This is my g/f's first time. This will be our first time at Seaworld.
___
Sent with SnapperMail
www.snappermail.com

No comments: