Monday, March 14, 2005

Sat. 2005 Birthday Bash!

My belated birthday party (a.k.a., cleaver excuse to get a bunch of my friends together) turned out great. I pretty sure everyone had a good time. Sixteen of us trickled in between 6 and 7 at the Tied House in San Padro Square, Downtown San Jose. A couple of people brought gifts. Totally unnecessary, but very thoughtful. Dinner turned out to be very enjoyable. The food was good that night. I was actually surprised how well everyone was getting along.
I wasn’t the only one celebrating my birthday either. There was three of us that have our birthdays around the same time, so I got to share the embarrassment of being sung too. ::evil grin::
After dinner, I had planned to show up at this place 251 in Downtown Mountain View. Well, the place had a bit of a face lift and name change since the last time I was there, about a month ago. It was a surprise to have to pay a $10 cover, but it was too late to turn back, so we filtered into the Buddha Lounge (the new name). Everyone migrated to the areas that best suited them. Some people took over the sofas, others covered part of one bar, and part of another bar. Some of us took over the small upstairs area. And a few of us got thangs started on the dance floor. I even got hit on by a couple of random girls at one point, which I promptly blow off, of course. :)
Thanks to everyone for making the event so great!

1 comment:

fcsuper said...

Thank you, Thank you. :)