Monday, March 13, 2017

60 cents equals 1.43 dollars

It's one those mornings where I pay cash for some breakfast and the math works out to this:
  • Check = $6.42
  • Cash = $7.02 (five dollar bill, two dollar coins and two pennies)
  • and the change you get back is $1.43. 
Being the guy that I am, I don't attempt to just take the extra 83¢.  Knowing that something is seriously wrong since there's a dollar bill and 3 pennies in my change, I immediately notify the cashier that something is wrong.

The cashier tells me she thought the two dollar coins were quarters.  Of course, that meant that the change she should have given me based on this mistake was 10¢, not $1.43.  So, the manager comes over to help out.  At first, he insists that my bill was $6.52 (the change that the cashier thought I tendered). I had to correct him twice.  He finally figures it out, takes the change back and hands me 50¢.  I don't know where everyone learned math, but that isn't quite right either.  After correcting him one last time, I finally get back my 60¢ change.

That will learn me not to pay cash!

No comments: