Thursday, September 15, 2016

Microsoft Settlement Refund...umm, wow Part 2

United States v. Microsoft
I received the remainder of my Microsoft Anti-trust Settlement the other day.  It was roughly $5.  I received the bulk of my settlement funds a decade ago.  I'm not really sure why I was owed an additional $5, though for some reason this amount didn't surprise me.  The amazing thing is that yet again, Microsoft knew my current address; this time my personal address.  It is literally 10 years later from my previous refund check, 13 years since I sent in my voucher request, and 14 years since this odd saga began in 2002 after the settlement of the lawsuit.  But, the saga actually extends back to 1990 (backup link).

Previous Post, August 14, 2006

Previous Post, September 30, 2003

No comments: