Saturday, October 29, 2016

Second time in Dallas this year

I've been to Dallas, TX twice this year, now.  Both trips were for business.  The first trip was for SOLIDWORKS World 2016.  I'm always very busy for each SOLIDWORKS World convention, so there's not much time to explore on my own.  This time around I was attending ASME Y Committee meetings.  I was able to do a bit more exploring, but not much.

While wondering around, I found this eyeball.  Even many locals don't seem to know that this thing exists and that it is in Downtown.



I also visited the Reunion Tower again to get some great photos of points of interest in Dallas.




Dealey Plaza, location of President Kennedy's assassination

Highrises of the skyline of Downtown Dallas, TX

There were a number of good restaurants that were enjoyed on various days, such as Wild SalsaTruFire Kitchen & Bar and recent local favorite Hard Eight.

On thing to note is that it's not easy getting around the Dallas area without getting dinged for tolls.  In the week I was there, I racked up almost $20 in tolls by just driving around between places I needed to be. That is a bit annoying, especially since I have my navigation app set to avoid tolls.

The weather was great, particularly so far along into Fall.  I didn't need a jacket or long sleeve shirt at any time.

Due to a sudden opening in my schedule, I did find some time to visit Arlington Museum of Art.  I found it moderately interesting, but overall it was a bit underwhelming.  The most interesting works I found there were by Charmaine Locke, but not much was available to view.

No comments: