Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2026

Mission Bay and Achilles Point

December 14 in Auckland, Allie and I spent some more time with her cousin in Mission Bay for lunch and some ice cream.  We headed over to Achilles Point afterwards. While taking some photos from the overlook, another person approached me with his significant other and made a comment about my performance earlier in the week. Allie and her cousin were thoroughly confused. However, it is not an uncommon event for me to be recognized as someone I'm not. It did take me a second, but I quickly commented with a smirk to the man (while half addressing Allie), "You think you know me!"  I then politely explained to him that I wasn't who he thought and that others often confuse me for other people too. At first the man was suspicious that I claimed to not be who he thought I was, but Allie's confusion at the whole engagement allowed the interaction to end with a light chuckle by him and me.






Allie and I ended the day with dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant back in CBD called Amano, where the food and drinks were great.


Homebound

The next day, we went for a morning walk to a breakfast spot. I spotted a black and white bird.  Later that day was our our flight home. Delays to this flight involved a replaced plane since the scheduled plane had maintenance issues. However, we still made it back to San Francisco on December 15.


Also see

No comments: